Wednesday, February 23, 2011

{Altered Curtain Panels}

  We moved into our new-to-us home about 7mths ago and it's really starting to feel like ours. Yay! Our office/bonus room has one window, which is covered with new faux wood blinds. I've pledged to keep that room pretty masculine for my hubby, and he has lots of his football collectibles/memorabilia in there. I had these new but el-cheapo heavier panels that I found on clearance at Walmart while we were between houses and renting last year. Masculine, striped, right color scheme, so I decided to cut them off to make a valance.


You wouldn't know it, but they are tab top, which I didn't like the look of in this room. So first I took them from tab top to rod pocket with my Aleene's Quick Grab Tacky Glue. 


This took about 5 minutes of gluing, and I waited another hour or so before hanging them.

Then I measured how long I wanted the valance to be, cut them off, and sewed a thin 1/4" hem along the bottom. I did this with both panels because one wasn't thick enough along the window.
They look great and I'm always proud of myself when I use something I already have.



These were brand new for about $6 at Walmart, again purchased last year to cover a french door in our rental. These are the deals you need when you are paying both a mortgage and rent! :) But they actually turned out neat in the end, so if you see something too big on clearance at Walmart, you never know what you might be able to turn it into.
Take care!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

      Pesisir Pulau
      Pesisir Pantai

      Delete
  2. How much longer should they be if you want them pleated and bunched instead of falling straight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

    Kazeo.com
    Website

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!