Tuesday, May 3, 2011

{Kid Stuff Re-Org - For the Little Things }

After a recent trip to Build-a-Bear on a much anticipated shopping trip, I realized that the American Girl and BAB accessories were in need of an organizational re-vamp. 
We solved it really quickly and easily and here's how!
My daughter has a large dresser with deep drawers that are really handy for storing things like this.
The top drawer is for clothing, and the bottom is for storage or miscellaneous. I bought 3 baskets at the Dollar Tree and started sorting. Now we have one large basket for some of her own larger dress-up items, 1 basket for Build-a-Bear accessories, and 1 basket for American Girl clothing/shoes. We tried doll hangers for quite a while for the AG doll clothes, but seriously...I can't keep the clothes on the hangers, let alone a 6 year old!
Dres-up items...American Girl clothes/shoes...and BAB stuff!

Now she can find what she's looking for. I love it when everything has a home!
Then I bought this plastic organizer at Hobby Lobby for $1.99, just for all the little American Girl things we have...like food, plates, etc. They were originally in a basket, too, but the stuff is little and hard to dig through. This works perfectly!
Simple things really make a big difference!
Have a good one,

3 comments:

  1. OMG I"m going to be addicted to your blog. I love the idea of crafts but mine never come out great. So i'll just look at yours LOL! I L O V E organization. These are great ideas....on to checking out your american girl doll robe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is really cute

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!