Monday, September 26, 2011

{Twine Candy Corn Pennant Wreath}

That seems like a lot of buzz words in the title, no?! LOL
We put up our Halloween decorations over the weekend and I've been adding to them like crazy. Did I mention this is my VERY favorite time of year??!! I'm so nuts about Halloween!
I made a few simple twine wreaths last year, and didn't add any embellishment except a ribbon for hanging.
I don't have a before pic of them, but I found the tutorial over at Brown Paper Packages.

After making some Candy Corn Bunting , I saw my scraps lying on the sewing table and the empty twine wreath and I knew I needed to do something else 'candy corn' with them!
I think it turned out cute and was no-sew, too!
If you want to make the wreath, you need a foam circle and I used jute twine. You can see the easy tutorial over at Brown Paper Packages. Once you've made your wreath, you're ready to go!
I started with this:
Some strips of leftovers and an empty wreath.
First I sewed my strips together in a candy corn pattern, just like with the candy corn bunting, only much smaller.
Then I made myself a small penant template out of old file folder, traced it onto my candy corn fabric, and cut out a few.
They are tiny!  :) Too tiny to sew, and I wanted this to look a bit 'rough', so it works out perfectly.
Next I used Liquid Stitch to adhere my candy corn pennants to a length of hemp cord.
My wreath is a smaller one, so 3 pennants was plenty.
Then I wrapped the ends of the hemp cord around my wreath, and secured them with Liquid Stitch. I angled the whole cord a bit. I added a last strip of leftover fabric (already cut to size as is) to use as my hanging ribbon. Again with the rough edges that I love. :)
And there you have it. It looks great hanging inside my front door, and I got to use scraps! Score!
Funny thing is that I don't even really like to eat candy corn...I just like looking at it. ;)

Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Tried to comment but not sure it went through. I love how easy it would be to change this up. I am a new follower from Too Cute Tuesday. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

      Pesisir Pulau
      Pesisir
      Pesisir Pantai

      Delete
  2. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

    Visit Site
    Page.tl

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

    Seonesia
    Seonesia Services
    SEO Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this insightful information. We might get lucky with it. You taught me a lot, and I value how clearly you laid out everything. Even though there are numerous posts on this subject, your writing is superb and knowledgeable. I'd like to give you access to some top-secret information in exchange. Due to its waterfalls, tea plantations, water activities, backwaters, hills and houseboat tours, Kerala is a fantastic place to spend your next vacation. With the aid of the Kerala Tour Package from Lock Your Trip, you can make the trip feasible. Without a doubt, you and your loved ones will create a lot of priceless memories here. To get the most out of this area's incredible water activities, be sure to try them all.

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!